IGLTA sets sail
Exotic ports of call await nearly 800 men and women who will set sail from Marseille, France, 31 August on board the Orient Queen for the 2011 edition of Attitude-Travels "Gay Attitude" cruise. Calling in Italy, Montenegro, Croatia, Greece and Malta, the 10-day LGBT cruise will offer breathtaking views of some of Europe’s most beautiful coastline. IGLTA has teamed up with Global Partner Chic Outlet Shopping® to provide passengers with limited edition beach bags upon arrival, and IGLTA members worldwide have furnished prizes for the numerous games and contests to be held during the cruise. Winners will be featured on the IGLTA Facebook page, so be sure and check back after 12 September to find out who won!
IGLTA Foundation begins accepting donations
IGLTA’s board of directors recently approved the creation of a nonprofit foundation to support educational projects, tourism scholarships and emerging LGBT destinations. Your donations will help fund the following initiatives:
- Educational programs related to LGBT tourism
- Scholarships for university students to attend IGLTA’s Annual Global Convention
- Marketing and educational support to emerging LGBT destinations (within two years)
Any donation made from a U.S. bank is tax deductible. Click here for more information.
All gay but not happy
Rajesh (named changed) was very happy two years ago following the ruling by the Delhi high court that decriminalized relationships between same-sex couples. Two years down the line, however, not much has changed. More
Networking key to tapping gay travel market
Travel Market Report Share
Patronage of businesses and destinations that are gay friendly and visibly support gay rights is a strong trend in gay travel and a key factor in the travel choices of many gays and lesbians. More
1,400 gay couples to be married in New York
Since the enactment of the law allowing marriage between same-sex couples in New York almost a month ago, 1 in 4 new married couples is gay. More
Malaysia: Gay pastor encourages youth to come out
Pastor Ouyang Wen Feng, who created the first gay-friendly church in his country, has published a book to remember the obvious: Society only moves forward if a lot of youth and their friends talk openly about homosexuality. More
Check out our upcoming brochure distribution and booth share opportunities open only to IGLTA members at www.IGLTA.org/events.
- SPECIAL RATE — ASTA’s The Trade Show: 11-13 September in Las Vegas, USA. ASTA’s Travel Retailing & Destination Expo provides quality travel agents the opportunity to develop their professional career.
- Out & Equal Annual Summit: 25-28 October in Dallas, USA. The Summit boasts more than 2,300 attendees who participate in more than 125 workshops and caucuses all designed to create an inclusive workplace. The Summit justly deserves its international reputation as the premier conference on LGBT issues in the workplace.
Source = International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association